PURPOSE OF POSITION
To manage the implementation of the strategic direction of supply chain management function at the NO level and promote center of learning which is accessible to other countries in the HUB and region. Ensure compliance of NO and support on-going training of global and regional SCM policies and standard operating procedures and report on established performance metrics at the Hub and region. Manage and execute all SCM related procurement functions at the NO and support Hub and regional sourcing initiatives. Manage NO procurement compliance, supplier performance and maintain relevant procurement data as defined.
% Time Major Activities End Results Expected
30% Manage and execute procurement process for non-strategic items, construction and consultancy projects within alignment with established NO SLA • Negotiated best overall value and terms for designated non-strategic areas of spend
• Identify and resolve supplier conflicts with delivery and quality
• Support local operations team in specification definition and development- soliciting support of suppliers where needed
• Ensure compliance to SCM policies and standard processes from planning to pay
• Facilitate and coordinate the procurement committee on the selection of suppliers.
• Execute the decisions of the procurement committee in alignment with SLA
• Manage monthly area, sectoral, project and department reviews to address: 1- Open procurement issues/performance against procurement plans. 2- Development of plans to support new, additional, and changing requirements (Grants/new programs
20% Support HUB Leader in the planning, sourcing strategy and strategic sourcing initiatives for the NO • Conduct market assessments for specific categories of spend
• Pre-qualification and vetting of suppliers for defined categories of spend
• Contract issuance and support of supplier negotiations for defined categories
• Support ADP’s and program leaders in the procurement planning process
• Identify changes and updates in the procurement plans
• Support the development of grant proposals by providing cost and identify supply base.
10% Performance Measurement execution, analysis and reporting • Manage and coordinate integrated cross functional key performance indicators and the develop of action plans to address areas of poor performance
• Track and analyze procurement performance and savings against established target levels (KPI’s and PO Savings tracking tool
• Report SCM performance monthly to Hub Leader and NO Leadership
• Manage continuous improvement in Procurement through monitoring of Procurement Progress Reports and Procurement monthly tracking reports
• Maintain and update critical NO procurement data
• Ensure the submission on all suppliers for Block Party Screening to Hub Analyst
Human Resource Management and Development
• Engage in the identification and recruitment of staff.
• Develop the capacity of staff in the Department by working closely with Human Resources Department on staff development through effective coaching, mentoring and performance management processes. • Manage setting of performance objectives for Procurement staff
• Provide regular feedback on performance and identifying training needs
• Ensure the development and capacity building of staff both technically and professionally
15% Support and manage the implementation and compliance of procurement policies and processes and procedures.
• Manage procurement manual, ensuring compliance and facilitating revisions and updates
• Manage and maintain item catalogues, supplier and contract master files
5% Manage day to day interactions and relationship with Operations, Programs, Finance and other departments to facilitate improvements in knowledge sharing, communication and process. • Continuous Improvement of processes and understanding across departments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• University degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management and /or work experience equivalent
• Professional Qualification preferably MCIPS qualified
• 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain and/or procurement
• 2-3 years’ experience in a supervision role
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Good understanding of procurement management.
• Good communication skills with suppliers and internal customers
• A proactive person with initiative, drive, and honest with a high level of integrity.
• Demonstrated capacity building approach to supporting staff development.
• Ability to lead, plan, and organize.
• Strong contract management experience.
• Strong negotiation expertise.
• Good understanding of World Vision Core Values, Sphere relief standards, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
• Technical skills in computing and using standard software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Internet)
• Influence operations and programs on the value of planning and centralized procurement and standardized business processes and the value it provides
• Influence the HUB leader and other offices on operational challenges and potential solution
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to _10__% of the time.
☐ Individual Level
☒ Leadership Level
☐ Organisational Level
☒ Achieving quality results & service.
☒ Practising accountability & integrity.
☒ Communicating information effectively.
☒ Thinking clearly, deeply & broadly.
☐ Understanding the Humanitarian Industry.
☐ Practising innovation & change.
☐ Demonstrating Christ-centred life & work.
☒ Learning for growth & development.
☐ Maintaining work/life balance & effectiveness.
☐ Building collaborative relationships.
☐ Practising gender & cultural diversity.
☐ Influencing individuals & groups.
☐ Understanding World Vision’s mission & operations.