IECD is a global organization established in 1988 and is mainly acting in the field of international solidarity. The organization is focused on programs concerning socioeconomic development in partnership with local institutions around the world. IECD is also active in the fields of training and social integration, assistance to very small firms and the promotion of education and health for vulnerable people.
IECD has been operating in the Palestinian Territories since 2007. Given the depressed social and economic environments, and the lack of potential prospect for improvement, IECD has decided to concentrate its actions in the East Jerusalem region. To better satisfy local and individual demands within the community, three programs were implemented in the Bethany / Al Azarieh area: The Azarieh Education Center (Al Hamawi), The Seeds of Hope program and, the Economic Development program focused on Micro and Small Enterprises in the targeted regions.
IECD MSE program involves different activities:
- Support to the MSE sector; through the provision of basic and specialized training (start-up creation, basic management, advanced marketing, etc.), individual follow-up of beneficiaries, and the organization of monthly activities addressed to the members of IECD Club of Entrepreneurs,
- Support to the food-processing sector; through the financial and technical support of the “Jerusalem Hills” cooperative of Al Azarieh, the provision of food-processing and business training to women working in the food processing sector (Women Economic Empowerment Program), and the organization of monthly activities addressed to the members of the IECD Club of Cooperatives.
Under the new European Union 3-year project starting in April 2017, a new component was included to the MSE program. IECD will accompany and support the Chamber of Commerce (CoC) of East Jerusalem in the creation of a MSE unit to develop and promote the active, effective, and sustainable role of the CoC in the development of local economy.
In order to ensure a coordination of the MSE program, IECD is seeking a project manager to oversee all operations related to the MSE and food processing activities.
Aimed at effectively and efficiently running the MSE project related to the following missions:
Organization and supervision of operational and financial activities of the MSE project
- Defining and updating the schedule of activities
- Following-up and supervising MSE and food processing trainings, beneficiary visits, activities implemented within the Club of Entrepreneurs and of the Club of Cooperatives, as well as activities of the “Jerusalem Hills” cooperative
- Leading the MSE team including field trainers and implementing weekly coordination meetings
- Launching new activities within the Club of Entrepreneurs based on assessments and feedback of beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Developing IECD visibility and communication field strategy and effectively communicating the strategy to project stakeholders, local partners, headquarter, employees, etc.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensuring and maintaining the quality of activities implemented within the MSE program
- Verifying the quality and accuracy of beneficiary database
- Following-up and controlling progress and achievements of project objectives and expected outcomes, based on agreements made with financial partners
- Piloting and supervising evaluations and audit processes
- Capitalizing and developing new tools fitting the needs of project beneficiaries
- Ensuring the proper implementation of IECD and funder related procedures
- Tracking project expenditures and money transfers from associated funders
- Updating all financial tools including project budgets on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in collaboration with IECD Finance officers
- Identifying potential needs and sources of fundraising
Human Resource management
- Maintaining the cohesion and dynamics of all project related teams
- Identifying talent and ensuring the capacity building of MSE employees
Fundraising and partner relationships
- Developing and maintaining a smooth and collaborative relationship with various IECD partners, both local and international including local partners, cooperatives, local authorities and the European Union
- Drafting and submitting project proposals on a timely manner and according to high quality standards
- Effectively representing IECD and the MSE program to local and international partners
Desired Education includes a Master degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years experience in project management and development
- Knowledge in EU regulations a plus
- Fundraising experience with a proven and established network and track record
- Fluency in English Language a must
- Knowledge of the Middle East is desirable
Desired skills and qualities:
- Strong ability to adapt to difficult situations, maintain a positive attitude and produce successful results at all times
- Strong managerial skills with a high sense of organization
- Patient, professional, understanding and able to see the human side of the project overall scope
- Visionary, team player with excellent communications skills
- Knowledge in Arabic language is a plus
- Ability to represent and follow IECD values
Status: Contract according to French regulations - including training session in Paris prior to departure
Dates: As of November 2017 and for a period of one year with the possibility of extension
The project manager will be working under the supervision of:
- The IECD Country Director in the Palestinian Territories
- In cooperation with the MSE coordination desk based in Paris
Location: Al Aizarieh, Jerusalem governorate - Palestinian Territories
- Based on profile and experience
- Partial accommodation costs will be covered by IECD
- Costs of project related transportation expenses are included
- Complete medical and social package (state health cover, repatriation, complementary health insurance) and French supplementary pension contribution
Please forward your application (CV and letter of application) – Ref “TPO-Resp operations” to the recruitment office,